Sunday, August 23, 2009

Friendship in Teaching


Generally, I believe that teachers are supposed to have a strong bonding with each other. I still remember in my early years of teaching I was blessed with a lot of good friends and colleagues that helped in my personal development. Some of the mentoring and counseling from the senior teachers has laid the crucial foundation to my teaching style today. I will always treasure the discussion and advices that I have often received from them.

The friendship and cheerful moments I have with my colleagues have really lightened up my days. The badminton games that we have every weekend really help me to reduce the stress I have in the classroom. One of the wonderful moments that I love is hanging out with my colleagues for lunch. Our lunch time is always filled with laughter and teasing

The friendship amongst the non-academic staff in my school (SMK Dalat) has also made teaching here a pleasant job. I am blessed with lab assistants that always help me to prepare functioning scientific apparatus(sometimes in short noticed). The computer technician that always helps me to troubleshoot my electronic or computer equipment is a great help to me. For the clerical and documentation work, I am indebted to my school’s clerks and general workers.

In brief, all teachers need help to become better teachers. That includes me, you, and everyone. Where do teachers go and how do we find help? For me the answer is through “friendship in teaching”

6 comments:

  1. ..............
    .........
    ....
    ag..
    agree.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tg Iskandar..bukit merahAugust 26, 2009 at 5:58 AM

    Setuju juga,apa yg penting adalah servis kita kepada masyarakat sekeliling kita,kita tidak seharusnya terarah kepada satu pihak sahaja,kita memang perlukan pendokong untuk melengkapkan hidup kita,erm..cikgu ni xpernah sbut pasal jodoh sesama cikgu di sekolah,apa kata cikgu post topik itu,satu lagi,merdeka sudah dekat,tiada post ttg itu kah?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ya, setuju gak kata-kata tg iskandar... cerita la soal jodoh u d sekolah?? tak salahkan??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neither do I...Which status are you in SA/ SU /M? How's your interpersonal among teachers and friends? Any unique/ special to you? You can widen your writting on ...may be about unpredictable relationship among...
    The only subject we cannot master 100% is relationship amongst human being...
    Is all based on experience ..... till dead.
    Just a suggestion...

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice and refreshing concept, keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete


THE MEDIOCRE TEACHER TELLS.
THE GOOD TEACHER EXPLAINS.
THE SUPERIOR TEACHER DEMONSTRATES.
THE GREAT TEACHER INSPIRES.


WILLIAM ARTHUR WARD