Friday, June 19, 2009

My Teacher, My Hero

In my early years as a teenager and student I always have some one that I look up to and admire. Most of the time, my teachers are the characters that influence me and secretly become someone that I admire. Maybe that is the reason why I ended up a teacher now.
I still remember how I always feel excited in my Genetics class because of the way Mr. Nazalan (USM) introduced every lesson which bring us beyond the four walls of the classroom. Mr. Jayamohan (SMKPS) passion in Biology really makes me feel interested in this subject. Mr. Chan (SMKPS) taught me to love numbers and calculation. Mr. Eng Hui (SMKPS) patience in explaining every value in Moral Studies really proves that he is someone that practice what he preaches.
Honestly, I think a teacher is an extraordinary individual. This is because we are doing an extraordinary jobs everyday. We inspire and guide students to learn, grow and succeed. We lift our pupils up by giving them hope. In the classroom itself, when we teach we get the attention of a full room from the students. That’s why we become a role model to our students.
So when we consider that huge impact that teachers have on their students, we can simply conclude that each and every one of us (teachers) is somebody's hero. As for me, I’ve been blessed with many wonderful and dedicated teachers from my early years that will always be my heroes. I hope that my students now feel that way about me too.

3 comments:

  1. agree with u, some teacher r very good/nice.
    but look at overall, there also got "some" teacher that are "troblesome".
    Great teacher are rare, in overall - i think around 5%, another 80% just being normal, they took it as rountin. another 5% are troblesome. which make pll hate them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, great teachers are rare. That's why this blog was created to inspires and motivates teachers to be a wonderful educators. Let's hope more heroes will rise after this.

    ReplyDelete


THE MEDIOCRE TEACHER TELLS.
THE GOOD TEACHER EXPLAINS.
THE SUPERIOR TEACHER DEMONSTRATES.
THE GREAT TEACHER INSPIRES.


WILLIAM ARTHUR WARD