Friday, June 26, 2009

The Joy of Teaching



Nowadays, teachers are challenged with so many hurdles and obstacles that sometimes can discourage us. There are a lot of bad issues reported about education’s world today. Teacher’s competency, education policies and problematic youths are some of the highlight in the press.

With so many challenges around, sometimes as a teacher we feel discouraged and frustrated. As for me, the only thing that encourages me to stay in this education line is the ‘the joy of teaching’ itself. I am attracted to the teacher’s role where I watch my students’ progress and grow everyday. The satisfaction of knowing that I have made a contribution in changing their lives really motivates me to stay in this job.

Teaching is special because it offers us a lot of unforgettable moments that really make a difference in our lives. I will always remember the face of my students when they say “I get it” or “Ooh”. These are the moments that I treasure the most and for me it is something magical. Plus, it is only exclusive for those who are playing the role as a teacher.

In general, teaching is a job that is challenging, exhausting and full of disappointments.Yet if we really take time to recall the magical moments when our small and significant efforts have brought a huge impact to our students, then maybe you will realize that teaching is a wonderful calling.


3 comments:

  1. This is a photo of 5F students demonstrating the "polymerization" process in my Science classroom.(one of the magical moment)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teaching is definitely a great thing and the feeling u have when you see the satisfaction on the students face is really difficult to be described but it's truly joyful. Being with the students could change the way your day is coz they could brimng so much joy into yourlife. As I don't teach anymore now, I sometimes miss those moments with the students. However I do try to spend time with them. Here, my students are my best frineds too... Teaching is the joy on teachers can tell..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although i m not a teacher, but i can feel the joy from your words....your life inspired my way of seeing things...Let us look forward for what had install in front of us...

    ReplyDelete


THE MEDIOCRE TEACHER TELLS.
THE GOOD TEACHER EXPLAINS.
THE SUPERIOR TEACHER DEMONSTRATES.
THE GREAT TEACHER INSPIRES.


WILLIAM ARTHUR WARD