Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Our school, Our beginning


A visit to my ex-secondary school (SMK Pokok Sena) brings back lot of memories. Some of the memories are unforgettable experiences; some make me laugh, some bring back a sad memory.

Then I realize that I am what I am because of these wonderful experiences. My student life experiences really molded me and bring me to the next stage of my life. I am blessed with great teachers and friends that guided and helped me in building up my character.

Sadly, students nowadays do not fully appreciate their school days. They are attracted to outside world more than school. They are prone to skip classes and playing truant. Students are bombarded with the ideas that school is a boring place and all about tests and exams.

But actually school is about more than academics. School is about sharing a common experience when we grow into young adults, learn about the world we live in, handling friendship, and for the really lucky, maybe fall in love. Secondary school also is a place to learn about leadership skill, interpersonal skill, public speaking and discover our unique personalities and talents.

Unfortunately, not all students participate in everything a school can offer. For some, they only treat school as part of their routine task and confine to classrooms.
I really hope that all my students would realize that school is a place where we prepared ourselves for living and there is lot of fun in school.

Think back to your own school days, and then you’ll realize everything started there. This is because our school is our beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment


THE MEDIOCRE TEACHER TELLS.
THE GOOD TEACHER EXPLAINS.
THE SUPERIOR TEACHER DEMONSTRATES.
THE GREAT TEACHER INSPIRES.


WILLIAM ARTHUR WARD